Cheesy, delicious Lasagna Roll Ups are the new dinner recipe you didn’t know you needed. Trust us when we say you’ll be hooked!
I’ve got a confession.
I like frozen lasagna. It’s hard to beat a good Stouffer’s “Lasagna with Meat Sauce” and it’s typically my go-to potluck meal, you know, back when we had those. It’s something that’s almost always in the deep freeze for those days I need to grab something easy for dinner. (So, most days.)
I know people have their favorite homemade versions and I’ve tried a few but haven’t found anything to beat my favorite frozen dinner…until now.
Not only does this Lasagna Roll Ups recipe hit my requirements of easy to make, it’s incredibly delicious to eat and just writing about it is making me hungry.
It contains your typical lasagna ingredients: noodles, different cheeses, etc., but what makes the biggest difference is the “roll” part.
With a regular lasagna you get layers of sauce, noodles, and cheese in each bite. With Lasagna Roll Ups you get EVEN MORE layers of sauce, noodles, and most importantly, cheese, in each bite. Who doesn’t want that?
Lasagna Roll Ups
Lasagna Rolls Ingredients
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 1 jar favorite pasta sauce*
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
*My go-to jarred pasta sauce is Prego Traditional, I usually prefer it to any homemade recipe! If you’re wanting something that tastes a little more “authentic/restaurant-style”, try Rao’s.
Lasagna Rolls Preparation Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook noodles per package instructions, drain.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, cottage, ½ of the Italian blend cheese, and all of the seasonings – stir until well combined.
- Prepare a baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread a thin, even layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Lay the lasagna noodles out on a flat surface. Spread the cheese mixture evenly along the length of the noodle.
- Carefully roll the noodle from one end to the other and then place rolled lasagna on top of the sauce in the dish.
- Repeat this process until all of the cheese mixture is gone.
- Cover the rolls with remaining pasta sauce and remaining Italian blend cheese.
- Bake uncovered until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Let rest 5 minute, serve, and enjoy!
You could easy change the recipe up a bit here by adding some ground beef, chopped up veggies like zucchini or squash, or even throwing in some spicy sausage or pepperonis. All would be excellent choices!
Try this and let me know what you think! (Also, what’s your favorite go-to frozen meal? I’d love to know!)