Looking to change up your breakfast routine? This Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie will help get you out of bed in the morning!
I’m one of those people who get stuck in food ruts. You know, eating the same thing over and over again until you realize suddenly that you need a change ASAP!
My normal breakfast routine of yogurt and a granola bar is getting kind of old and I’m ready to mix things up a bit! When it comes to breakfast I’m more of a sweet than savory person (not a fan of eggs), so a smoothie is always a welcome change to my routine.
But what are the best fruits to include in a smoothie recipe? A great choice is to combine blueberries and pineapple. Plus, with my toddler’s love of blueberries and my love of pineapple we almost always have these on hand!
Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of pineapple (fresh or canned crushed)
- 1 cup of milk* (can use regular or soy)
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or sugar/sweetener)
*Most smoothie recipes call for yogurt, but this recipe calls for milk. Plain yogurt can be used; however, only use 1/4 cup of yogurt with 1/2 cup of regular milk. Only using yogurt makes the texture of the smoothie too thick.
1. Put all the ingredients into the blender
2. Blend the ingredients until smooth
3. Pour into 8 oz glasses and serve with a straw
4. Garnish with more blueberries or a strawberry if desired
Another great thing about smoothie recipe is how easy they are to change up. Not feeling blueberries? Swap for strawberries instead! Add a banana, a handful of spinach, whatever you want!
You might need to add more or less honey/sweetener to get the results you want but feel free to play around with the recipe. Let me know how you make it your own!