If you have not already checked out the first four posts in my wedding series, scroll through those first HERE then head on back for the next up in the planning timeline.
*Remember, items on this list might not directly apply to your specific wedding plan. Each wedding is unique and that is something I love about them.
This is to help you get an idea of what aspects can make up a wedding and how to stay on task. It is also a time estimation which will depend on how many months between your engagement & the wedding day.
Week of Wedding Day (Get a printable checklist here) :
- As you receive presents, be sure to update and/or add to your registry list and record the gifts you get
- TIP: Write your thank-you notes before you use the gift. Then you won’t forget!
- Confirm reservations for out-of-town guests
- Finalize your accessories for your gown (veil, shoes, jewelry, etc.)
- Pick up ceremony programs
- Submit your wedding announcement to newspapers (good for a family member to do)
- Finalize vows & make copies
- Pick up wedding gown and accessories
- TIP: Make sure you have arranged adequate transport for the dress to the ceremony site if it is a large dress and/or you are not wearing it to the site.
- Confirm rehearsal dinner information
- Do trial run of makeup; confirm wedding-day beauty appointments
- Finalize music selections for ceremony and reception: make sure CD’s work in multiple players. You want to be positive it will play!
- Confirm wedding-night and honeymoon reservations
- Wrap all gifts for wedding party and attach a nice note
- Gather any last décor for ceremony and reception
- Work out wedding day timing and details for yourself and groom, and draw up a schedule for wedding party:
- who will get the bride there
- where the wedding party gets dressed
- what time to be ready for pictures
- assignments for clean up
- Make sure you have your garter and “something old, new, borrowed, blue” if you desire to include that sentiment
- Finalize any special preferences, readings, or other ceremony details and relay to officiant
- Continue to break in your bridal shoes
- Pay all outstanding balances w/ vendors
- Arrange transportation for the wedding day
- Get a gift for each other (if desire to do so)
- Make sure you have all accessories for wedding day:
- flower girl basket
- ring pillow
- toasting flutes
- cake topper
- aisle runner (if desired)
- Give final head count to the caterer and confirm set-up instructions and menu items
- Drop of any decorations, table numbers, or information to reception site for day-of set up
- Groom: pick up tux
- Arrange for groomsmen tuxes to be picked up
- TIP: Schedule pick up with enough time to fix any changes needed to attire
- Plan any additional night-before activities w/ friends and/or attendants
- Shop and pack for honeymoon
- Finalize rental vehicle arrival, or assign person to bring around your vehicle at the end of the reception if there is not a rental
- Finish favors
- Pick up wedding license from the county courthouse with your spouse. Remember to bring I.D. and that you both need to be present. This usually has an expiration, so don’t get it too early. Check with your county to be sure of the maximum days ahead you are allowed to purchase.
- Inform wedding party of rehearsal time: 15 minutes prior to actual time (i.e. 5:45pm if you want to actually start by 6:00pm)
- Get some good rest!
As always, happy planning & enjoy your day!
Need a different printable? We’ve got it! Find the one that fits your timeline here!
Originally published July 28, 2016
Latest posts by Aubrie (see all)
- Updated Space: Laundry Room Makeover - September 2, 2019
- Back to School: Savvy School Supply Savings Stacking - August 11, 2019
- Veterinarian Birthday Party - July 31, 2019