Looking for a new family favorite? This Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken recipe is super simple to make, and oh-so delicious! Enjoy!
Many people love the ease of Crock-Pot recipes, since a variety of ingredients can be thrown in, can cook during work or while going about the day and can be enjoyed by the whole family at the end of the day. And since cooler weather is finally starting to think about gracing us with its presence, it is time to share the perfect recipe for dinner on a crisp weekend or a cool evening: Crock-Pot Fiesta Chicken!
This is one of the easiest dishes to prepare, as it literally just involves opening up a few cans and a couple of packages, putting everything in a Crock-Pot for four hours and then eating. The leftovers are great, too, and there is some versatility with the recipe, as certain things can be swapped out, added to or replaced. The Mexican-style ingredients combine for a zesty and hearty dish, and the cream cheese adds a smoothness to it all that will have everyone asking for second helpings!
To make Crock-Pot Fiesta Chicken, you will need to gather up one can of corn, one can of black beans, one can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chilies, one package of cream cheese, one package of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix and some sort of meat, such as a bag of fajita chicken breasts that are already cooked, sliced and seasoned.
Feel free to substitute corn for hominy, black beans for pinto beans or mild Ro-tel for hot, and feel free to choose a different meat, such as beef or a vegetarian option. Also, this meal can be eaten by dipping chips into a bowl of it, by pouring a serving over rice or by filling up tortillas with it for a yummy taco-style treat.
Here are the ingredients and steps needed for Crock-Pot Fiesta Chicken:
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 1 can of Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chilies (drained)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
- One package of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix
- Fully cooked meat (such as a bag of fajita chicken breast strips)
- Chips, rice or tortillas to serve with it
Easy Recipe Steps:
- After draining the cans, pour the corn, beans, Ro-tel, Fiesta Ranch Mix and meat into the Crock-Pot.
- Place the cream cheese on top (as it will begin to melt down over this mixture while cooking).
- Set the Crock-Pot to high, and let it cook for four hours.
- After four hours, the dish is done, the Crock-Pot can be turned off/unplugged, and the dinner can be served.
Everyone can scoop the mixture up with chips, pour it over rice, or put it into tortillas, as there is no wrong way to eat this delicious meal!
Looking for more chicken recipes to make in your crock pot? We’ve got plenty!