If you like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups you are going to need to make these right this minute. If you do not like Reese’s, these are SO much better that you might try them anyway because they are fabulous.
This recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy could not be any simpler. PLUS, they are super addicting! They are also easy and fun for kids to help with if they like help in the kitchen.
What you need:
- 1 box (or ½ bag) of powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of butter (I use unsalted)
- 1 ¼ C. peanut butter (or almond butter for our fam)
- 1 bag of melting chocolates
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy
1. Set out butter to soften in your mixing bowl until it is room temperature.
2. Mix in powdered sugar & peanut butter with a spoon, not a mixer.
3. Put mixture in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
4. Once mixture is chilled, use a double broiler, or double pots (like I did) to melt your chocolate. Stir.
5. Scoop out a small spoonful of the peanut butter mixture. Roll into a ball then flatten slightly into a patty.
6. Using a spoon, dip the peanut butter patty into the chocolate to coat.
7. Let some of the excess chocolate drip off the spoon back into the pan so you don’t waste it, then place the chocolate covered patty on wax paper to harden.
Takes only a few minutes to set, but make sure they are cooled before moving them to serve.
Pin it for later!
Originally published December 8, 2016