I can always use another snack recipe in my arsenal, especially around the holidays! Between potluck dinners and Christmas parties I’m always trying to think of something to bring besides my usual “chip-and-dip”! And dip = store bought salsa, just FYI. This Sugar Cookie Chex Mix recipe, however, might be my new go-to! It’s easy (takes just minutes to prepare!), it’s delicious, and you could easily add your own spin on it by throwing in some nuts, pretzels, M&Ms, whatever you’d like!
- 6 C. Rice Chex Cereal
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/3 C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. water
- 1/4 C. powdered sugar
- 1/4 C. white chocolate or vanilla baking chips (or Almond Bark)
- sprinkles (optional)
1. Set aside cereal in a microwave-safe bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Microwave butter until melted. Add sugar and water and stir to mix.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds on high or until mixture can be stirred until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
4. Pour over the cereal stirring to coat evenly.
5. Microwave cereal for a total of four minutes, stopping to gently stir after every minute.
6. Pour warm cereal into a large bag (I used a crock pot liner) and add powdered sugar. Shake to coat evenly. Make sure you do this pretty quickly after you remove the cereal from the microwave so the powdered sugar will stick!
7. Spread cereal onto cookie sheet.
8. Drizzle with melted white chocolate (or vanilla or almond bark) and add sprinkles. Let it cool until set – about ten minutes. Serve and enjoy! I bet you’ll be making another batch in no time at all!