Our Splendry contributors received samples as part of our Color Street reviews, all opinions are our own!
Another day, another invitation to try a product one of your friends is selling, right? Whether you’re getting inundated with Facebook party invitations or real-life party invitations, it can be pretty tough to know what’s good, what’s not, and when it’s time to start turning off your Facebook notifications!
MLMs (multi-level marketing) have gotten a bad reputation over the years, and in some cases it’s warranted. However, we know there are some good companies and good products out there and we’re on a mission to find them and test them for you! The first on our list? Color Street reviews!
What is Color Street?
1. What are they? Nail polish in sticker form! Color Street nail strips are real polish in a dry strip form, with a base coat, color coat and top coat in every strip. They are supposed to last about 10 days without chipping.
2. What do they cost? Prices: $11 for solid colors, $12 for glitter designs, $13 for other designs. Any combo of these 3 (solids, glitter, other) are buy 3, get 1 free. French tips are $14 and Buy 1, Get 1.
3. Can I order them myself or do I have to use a consultant? Color Street products have to be ordered through a consultant, so you can’t just go online and order them yourself.
You might have heard of this company by now, or even seen your friends taking the “Color Street Challenge” on Facebook or Instagram. We had five Splendry contributors take the challenge and share their honest results with us.
What’s the Color Street Challenge?
The Color Street Challenge consists of trying out two Color Street nails while painting your other nails with regular nail polish. You take a photo after application and then another a week later to see how your polish held up! Here are our results:
Splendry Color Street Reviews
1. When if comes to nails: my nails are usually bare
1. When if comes to nails: my nails are usually bare
2. What did you think of the application process? I have tried ColorStreet previously to using these samples. It took me a couple of attempts on different applications to really get the hang of how to get them applied and trimmed where they looked nice. I did find it helpful to watch the video before trying to apply. The process was not difficult, just took a little practice. Definitely much easier than trying to paint my own nails though.
3. How did your nails hold up after taking the Color Street challenge? I used the glitter nail samples, and then painted the rest of my nails with regular polish. The glitter nails stayed on without chipping or peeling until I removed them two weeks after application. The painted nails chipped on the second day after application.
4. Considering the price, ordering process, and ease of application, would you order Color Street nails? I definitely would consider, and recommend. I have already purchased two sets of Color Street nails just since this trial!
1. When if comes to nails: I usually prefer to do them myself
1. When if comes to nails: I usually prefer: I usually leave my nails bare
2. What did you think of the application process? They are TRULY easy to apply, there’s no cutting and recutting, crying and recutting again before giving up and promising you won’t let anyone get closer than 5 feet from your nails. It is so stupid easy to remove the excess that I did literally laugh out loud when it took me less than 10 seconds to apply the product to each nail. (I timed it, for real.)
3. How did your nails hold up after taking the Color Street challenge? It’s a little hard to tell (which is why I love a good neutral/natural color!) but my nails with polish looked ROUGH after a week. The Color Street (purple glitter) looks AMAZING, though! In fact, I left it on longer than a week just to see how long they would really last.
After 12 days, my nails had grown out so much it looked ridiculous, so I finally removed them. It still looked great, though, except for the awkward space by my cuticle where my nails had noticeably grown. I was skeptical again when I finally removed them. I prepared myself to have to peel them off and damage my nails because there was NO WAY it was coming off with nail polish remover. But I was wrong! It was SO EASY and took much less time than removing normal glitter polish.
4. Considering the price, ordering process, and ease of application, would you order Color Street nails? I will be ordering LOTS of these products! They’re everything I’ve ever wanted- beautiful nails, super cheap, easy to apply and so easy to remove!
1. When if comes to nails: I usually leave my nails bare
2. What did you think of the application process? I did not watch the application video beforehand (pun unintended) and have not tried Color Street or anything like it before. I thought the application was exceptionally easy and I felt like I did well applying them from the get-go. However, I only tried out Color Street on my non-dominant hand so I never had to try to apply with my non-dominant hand.
3. How did your nails hold up after taking the Color Street challenge? My Color Street nails held up great during the week, and I definitely put them through the wringer: working with children, multiple and extended trips to a heavily chlorinated pool (2 hours, 3 times that week), and general wear. There was a little wear at the tips, but I think that’s pretty understandable and it wasn’t very noticeable.
4. Considering the price, ordering process, and ease of application, would you order Color Street nails? Since my nail polish usually only comes out for big events and I can’t do complicated patterns or french nails myself then I would definitely consider Color Street nails simply because I wouldn’t have to worry about having to order them often and wracking up the cost. However, since Color Street ordering is a bit more complicated than a bottle of nail polish, I can apply nail polish fairly well on my own, and it’s lower cost, if I just felt like dressing up my nails a bit for some self-care or everyday wear I’d probably just use bottled nail polish.
We hope these Color Street reviews were helpful so you can decide for yourself to try them or not. For information on ordering Color Street nails, you can contact Anna Jane (who provided the nails for this post) on her website or by joining her Facebook group and taking the Color Street Challenge on your own!
Was this review helpful? What MLM product would you like us to review next?
Latest posts by Splendry (see all)
- 35 Easy Party Appetizers with 5 Ingredients or Less - September 15, 2019
- Easy and Fun Teacher Gift Ideas - September 11, 2019
- We Took the Color Street Challenge - September 10, 2019