Want to have a better day tomorrow? Try a few of these tips!
1. Clean the kitchen before you go to bed: Stumbling into a dirty kitchen for your coffee in the morning is a sure way to get your day off to a rough start. Who wants to think about a sink full of dishes first thing in the morning? Seriously, try loading the dishwasher before you go to bed. You’ll be happy you did!
2. Wear your favorite outfit: Wear the dress you love, the sweater that brings out the color of your eyes, or the bag that makes people stop you on the street to give you a compliment. Similarly, use your favorite perfume, or the fancy French moisturizer you spent way too much on. Quit saving those items for “special” days and make today special!
3. Get up early: I used to have a job I hated. And not only did I hate that job, I also had an hour drive to get there. So not only was I spending 40+ hours at the job, I also spent 10+ hours driving to/from the job every week. I wanted my time back! Instead of sleeping in until the last possible second, I started getting up earlier to enjoy more of my day. This gave me some time to read, watch that television show I missed, pick up the house a little (so I didn’t have to do it once I got home), etc. I felt way more in control of my time and this made the job seem less important.
4. Read before you go to sleep: Your Facebook feed doesn’t count! In fact, lose your phone (studies show watching TV or looking at electronic screens shortly before you go to bed makes you not sleep as well) and pick up an actual book. Not a reader? Grab a crossword puzzle or a word search and work your brain a bit before you snooze.
5. Sleep on clean sheets: I don’t know what it is, but right-out-of-the-dryer sheets and blankets are just so, so good. I love to change the sheets on the bed on Friday nights (when I know I get to sleep in a tiny bit more the next day) or the night before big days (new jobs, holidays, anything exciting!). I know that sounds really weird, but just try it!
6. Do some good: the most sure-fire way to have a better day? Make someone else’s day better! Whether it’s a phone call or a card to a friend, a big tip for your waiter at dinner, or an anonymous donation to someone in need, nothing feels better than doing something for someone else!
Have a guaranteed way to have a better day? Share!