Food may not be the first thing that comes to mind for you when you think of Disney World, but it’s definitely one of the first things I think about! I’ve been to Disney World too many times to count and I definitely have some favorite things that I try not to miss each time I go. Here they are (in no specific order):
1. Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float. Ya’ll, this is hands down my very favorite thing at the Disney parks! I cannot go to Disney World without having at least one of these! The Dole Whip is delicious on its own, a creamy pineapple soft serve ice cream in a cup. But pair it with some pineapple juice and OH.MY.WORD! The Dole Whip Float is number one in my book. You can find them in the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and at The Polynesian Resort.
2. Another delish treat in the Magic Kingdom is the chocolate hazelnut spread waffle with fresh fruit at Sleepy Hollow. What’s not to love about a warm waffle with chocolate hazelnut spread, bananas, strawberries and blueberries? It’s so good. I want one right now!
3. When at Disney you should eat anything and everything Mickey shaped! My favorite, by far, would have to be the Mickey Ice Cream Bar. It’s vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate. So simple, and so good (especially on a hot Orlando day). You can find these around just about any corner on the ice cream carts.
4. Speaking of Mickey shaped foods, the Mickey waffles are pretty great too! You can get these treats at all the resorts during breakfast hours as well as many of the restaurants in the parks!
5. Fried Chicken. Yep, I said fried chicken. The fried chicken at the 50’s Prime Time Diner at Hollywood Studios is a can’t miss! It is finger licking good! (I put a g on licking so it’s not the same as that one restaurant’s catch phrase!)
6. The signature restaurant in the Canada pavilion, Le Cellier, in Epcot has got some really, really good food. But to start your meal they bring out breadsticks and the pretzel breadsticks are so yummy!
7. Have breakfast, lunch or dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort and you can enjoy a bowl of strawberry soup. I know it sounds weird, and I was skeptical at first, but just give it a try! It’s a cold soup and so creamy and smooth!
8. When in Epcot, you must visit the Karamell-Küche in the Germany pavilion. It was one of the first free standing Werther’s Caramel shops and you know those Werther’s know their caramel! You probably can’t make a bad choice in the shop, they have so much caramel covered goodness! But my favorite has to be the caramel popcorn. It’s simply amazing!
9. If you get a hankering for ice cream, you need to head to Beaches & Cream and the Beach Club Resort. They are famous for the Kitchen Sink, which is actually served in a kitchen sink! My favorite though is the Fudge Mudslide. Yum!
10. Last, but most definitely not least (even though it technically isn’t really food), is a margarita from the Mexico pavilion at Epcot. I prefer my margaritas frozen, not on the rocks, but you can get them either way. So refreshing after a hot day walking around the parks!
So there you have it! Some of my all-time favorite things to eat (or drink!) at Disney World. Bon a petit!
Originally published August 19, 2016
Friday 18th of August 2017
I've always wanted to try the Dole Whip!