This post contains affiliate links, meaning Splendry may earn a small commission from clicks or purchases made using included links, at no cost to you.
When I was given the chance to test out the KiwiCo. Box* subscription service I was pumped! Kiwi Crates look so cool!
Kiwi Crate Review
How it works:
- Pick which crate subscription fits the age of your child. There are five lines to choose from: ages 0-16+, plus, you can change boxes at any time!
- Choose your subscription length, $19.95 for 1 month to $16.95/mo for 12 months (there’s a link at the bottom of the post where you can save 30% off your first box! Use code SHARE30)
- Receive your crate and create!
I chose the Kiwi Crate for ages 5-8. I have been eyeing these for awhile. I like doing crafts, activities, and projects with my kids, and I was curious about the actual quality and interest it would provide for my inquisitive 6-year-old. It did NOT disappoint!
We received our “Arcade”-themed Kiwi Crate just in time for spring break. Perfect!
We opened our box to discover what we would be creating: An arcade claw game!
What was inside:
- Welcome Booklet – you can track projects with each crate you receive
- Explore! Magazine – extends the project with more fun activities and learning
- All of your materials and kid-friendly instructions
Once we laid out all of our materials, and double-checked that we had everything that we needed, my 6-year-old got down to it. The instructions were, indeed, easy to follow with written, as well as illustrated, instructions.
The claw was complete and functioning!
Next up, the prizes to win in our arcade: yarn creatures!
Now to build our arcade container using the crate box!
My son got his box decorated using the provided templates, added the yarn creatures, and a few of his own toys of choice, and done!
This took us a little over an hour to complete. My son was able to execute the project almost completely on his own (though it was fun to do it together).
I was so happy with KiwiCo Kiwi Crate for the creative learning, providing a fun activity, and because my son was so happy! It gave him confidence and pride in building something. Plus, it was fun while providing learning advantages! I definitely see the value in this subscription!
*Splendry paid for this subscription box, this is not a sponsored review.
Latest posts by Aubrie (see all)
- Updated Space: Laundry Room Makeover - September 2, 2019
- Back to School: Savvy School Supply Savings Stacking - August 11, 2019
- Veterinarian Birthday Party - July 31, 2019