Got one empty accordion folders lying around? Sure you can sort some financial documents, but what else can you do with them? Turns out, so much! Here are 10 uses for accordion folders you might not have thought of!
10 Uses for Accordion Folders
1. Stay on top of greeting cards this year by stocking up and sorting by months. Go through your planner and note birthdays and anniversaries and then add the number of cards you need! Add a few extra and you’re set!
2.Sort your user manuals/warranties for electronics and appliances. You’ll be ready the next time that microwave starts acting up!
3. Keep your travel documents in check. Planning a big trip with lots of stops and stays? Keep all your reservations, tickets, and maps in one handy place. (Just don’t forget to pack the folder!)
4. Sort coupons by item category (canned food, frozen food, toiletries, etc.). When you plan out your grocery list you can grab the coupons you need!
5. Sort scrapbooking supplies. Organize by color or by theme. Papers and stickers will be easier to find!
6. A small folder in the glove box will keep track of all your important auto documents – insurance cards, registration, title, etc. No more rummaging through piles next time you get pulled over! (Not that that ever happens…)
7. Cut down on school paper keepsakes. Instead of saving every paper your child brings home – limit yourself to what fits in one tabbed section per grade. (Because how many math tests do you really need to save??)
8. Similarly, artwork can be saved throughout the years without getting out of control!
9. Planning some DIY projects? Whether paint or fabric, store your swatches inside a folder before you head to the store for more supplies. Add your inspiration photos as well!
10. Perfect baby shower gift! Make the mom to be a folder with designated tabs for all the documents she’ll have to keep up with once the baby arrives! Make spots for things like:
- Birth Certificate/Social Security card
- Health records
- Immunization records
There are plenty of decorative folders out there to choose from, then add some cute printed labels on the tabs and you’re good to go!
Have another use for accordion folders? Share!!
Originally published February 13, 2015
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- DIY: Puppy Pillow Tutorial - April 20, 2018
- Not Another Chocolate Chip Cookie: Crunchy Jumble Cookies - April 18, 2018
- 30 Minute Meal: Chicken Mozzarella - April 15, 2018