My kids are ALWAYS starving when they come home from school. It’s hard to find the right snack that will stick to their ribs without making them too full for dinner. These simple high protein treats have been just the perfect kid/mom pleaser. Even the kiddos can help!
Easy Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup (7 Tbsp.) peanut butter (lightly spray your measuring cup with Pam for easy release)
- 1/2 cup honey (we do local raw honey to help with allergies!)
- 2 Tbsp powdered milk
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ – high in folic acid and vitamin a
I have heard some people say they like to roll theirs in different things like raisins, chocolate chips, coconut, crushed peanuts, cocoa powder, etc. We like ours plain, but feel free to spice yours up!
Mix well. I suggest using your hands at the end. This is a good time to get your kiddos to help because everyone knows kids love messes.
Then, take tablespoon sized scoops and roll into balls. I use a cookie dough scoop so they will be even in size – just spray with Pam before scooping. My kids like to roll out a couple snakes. I don’t care what you do…just have fun! Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. They will firm up and be tasty little energy bites that you can take to go or just eat while you run around outside and play! Enjoy!
Originally posted November 5, 2015
Latest posts by Annie (see all)
- Summer Sun and Foundation - June 28, 2020
- Going Au Naturale: A Natural Cosmetics Line We Love! - October 22, 2019
- DIY Spiced Fall Playdough - September 13, 2019