If there is one meal I remember eating regularly as a kid, it was tacos. Not just any tacos, but “Ross Tacos” (Ross is my maiden name, just FYI.) These tacos became somewhat famous among friends and family and were often requested! After I moved out on my own, this quickly became my go-to meal when I needed to cook for others and even now with my husband, we probably make these at least three or four times a month! They’re easy, delicious, and you can doctor them up however you like!
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef (can use 1 pound to make a smaller amount, leave the other ingredients the same)
- 1 Can Ranch Style Beans with Sweet Onions (can add 2 cans if desired)
- 1/2 Cup Pace Picante Salsa – Medium
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion (optional)
- 1 Cup Chopped Black Olives (optional)
- (Also optional, my dad likes to add a small can of green chilies to his)
1. Cook ground beef over medium heat until done. If adding onions, add them in now and allow them to cook for a few minutes.
2. Stir in can of Ranch Style Beans and salsa. Add chopped black olives if desired.
3. Cover, reduce heat to med-low and let simmer about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until beans are heated.
4. Serve! Serve in tacos shells, tortillas, over salad, with tortilla chips, whatever you’d like!
For just my husband and I, using 2 lbs. of meat definitely gives us more than enough for leftovers!
Originally published June 23, 2015
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- 10 Lesser-Known Locales To Visit In Texas - February 26, 2021
- Breakfast French Bread Casserole Bake - February 22, 2021
- The Best Twice Baked Potatoes (You Can Make in the Microwave!) - February 15, 2021