I’m all about quick and easy recipes and this recipe for Easy Apple Pie Turnovers is about as quick and easy as they come! It’s everything you want in a delicious apple pastry without any of the work that usually goes along with it! I’m definitely adding these to my holiday baking repertoire (which now consists of Cranberry Orange Bread and these apple pie turnovers). Actually, forget holiday baking, these are worth eating year-round!
- 1 (8-oz) can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (cut into 8 slices about 1/2″ thick)
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Apple Pie Spice (consists of cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice if you need to substitute!)
- 3 T. melted butter
- 1/4 C. chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, arrange your crescent roll triangles.
2. Slice and core your apple and toss in melted butter. You could peel them if you want, but to make this even easier, leave it on! Plus, the green is pretty!
3. Mix your brown sugar and apple pie spice together until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over each crescent roll triangle, leaving at least a tablespoon left (to use later).
4. Sprinkle your pecans evenly on top of the triangles.
5. Add your apple slices to the wide end of the crescent roll triangles. Roll up and brush with the leftover melted butter. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture crumbs on top of rolls.
6. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
7. Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
I’m thinking these would be so great for Christmas morning! No messy prep, no letting dough rise, just easy, quick, and delicious!! I’ll certainly need to double or triple the recipe though as this batch went fast!
Originally published November 18, 2015