Decorating for parties can be fun but it can be tough to come up with creative ideas that are both affordable and easy to execute. I was recently tasked with decorating for a baby shower and loved the look of a tassel garland!
Usually my attempts at these types of things don’t end well (please don’t ask me to make a tissue paper pom-pom), but this actually turned out exactly as I wanted it to! How often does that happen? I’ve listed my steps below on how to make your own. I promise, it’s easy!
- Tissue Paper
- Ribbon, twine, or cord
- First fold your sheet of tissue paper in half lengthwise, and then again width-wise until you are left with a folded square. Folds should be at the top and left. To save time, use a double or triple layer of tissue.
- Next start cutting strips (however thin you’d like them) on one end stopping roughly one to two inches from the top fold. Cut the entire width of the tissue cutting off the left fold.
- Open tissue and smooth out tassels.
- Start from bottom and roll the tissue up making sure to keep the tassels untangled as you go.
- Fold in half bringing tassel ends together and twisting the rolled tissue on top. Comb through tassels with your fingers.
- Next, decide on color pattern and layout.
- Slide onto ribbon or cord and hang, twisting tassel tops to secure in place.
- Finally, marvel at your skill!
See how easy that was? Basically if you can use scissors, you can make a tassel garland!
Originally published November 5, 2014
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- “Love You to Pieces” DIY Valentine Wreath - January 24, 2020
- Winter Beauty Essentials - January 21, 2020
- 25 Easy & Delicious Cast Iron Skillet Breakfast Recipes - January 20, 2020