Since we celebrated National Dessert Day this week (who comes up with these holidays?) I wanted to share one of my favorites, my Chocolate Eclair Dessert! The first time I made this particular dessert and my husband tasted it he said, “You made this?” Before this sounds too much like an insult, I should share that, 1) I don’t really like to cook, and 2) I don’t really like to cook. So, yeah, not an insult. And the fact that this dessert requires no baking, only a handful of ingredients and IS SO DELICIOUS, well, you need to make this soon!
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages of vanilla instant pudding
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish or pan with graham crackers. You can break them up to get the best fit. Cover as best you can but it’s not crucial to get it perfect, you won’t see it!
2. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix with milk and stir well. The mixture will start to feel a little thick.
3. Stir in the Cool Whip and mix well.
4. Take half of the pudding mixture and pour it over your graham cracker layer.
5. Add another layer of graham crackers, again, just trying to get a good fit of the pieces.
6. Add the rest of your pudding mixture, followed by, you guessed it. ANOTHER layer of graham crackers!
7. You can fill in extra pieces of graham crackers around the edges or just leave them bare. Cover with chocolate frosting using a knife or spatula.
This is great right away, but it’s best if you can refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving. This is one of those desserts that’s even better on the second or third day when the crust gets soft and the layers blend together. IT’S SO GOOD! I insist you make it ASAP!
Originally published October 16, 2015