When I first heard Sephora was launching their Play by Sephora subscription box it was a no-brainer that I would subscribe! I’ve tried several different beauty subscription boxes like Birchbox and Ipsy so I was curious to see how a Sephora subscription box would stack up against the competition!
(Spoiler: they can hold their own!)
Play by Sephora Subscription Box Details
- What it is: Monthly beauty subscription from Sephora
- What you get: 5 deluxe samples, plus a fragrance bonus in a collectible bag
- For example, my October box (photo below) included a Smashbox lipgloss, Christophe Robin hair mask, Skin Inc. peel, Blinc tube mascara, Belif skin cream, and Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris fragrance sample (other boxes may have included other items)
- What it costs: $10 a month (tax not included)
- What makes it different: Sephora makes their box very hands-on. With your box you receive a fold out booklet with information on each item, plus the ability to download their app and use a scanning function on the booklet to view more information and tutorials on each product included. (They also include the videos on their website.) You also receive a Play Pass each month to take to your local Sephora for a one-on-one tutorial for making the products work for you.
Past boxes:Verdict: Play by Sephora met my expectations of high quality products with excellent delivery (bag, booklet and Play Pass). If you’re looking for a new beauty subscription that won’t break your budget, I’d give them a try.