In the mood for something crafty? Or maybe you’ve got kids who need something to do? This fun art project is a simple twist to the classic silhouettes that is easy to do with your kids! Easy silhouette art that you’ll love to display!
This is perfect to display in your own home, but would be a great gift for grandparents or Father’s or Mother’s Day too!
How to Make Modern Easy Silhouette Art
Modern Silhouette Art Supplies
- Construction paper (black)
- Paint brush
- Your subject (I used my kid)*
- Flat wall
- Paint pen (paint is fine)
*If you have a printer, you can also print and cut out a picture, instead of drawing the subject. Especially is the subject is little and wiggly. :)
1. First, tape construction paper at subject level to a flat wall.
2. Set your lamp up to shine on your subject so that a shadow is projected on the construction paper.
3. Make your subject stand sideways as close to the wall as possible, creating a silhouette.
4. Trace the silhouette with a pencil.
5. Cut out the silhouette, and tape to your canvas.
6. Trace your silhouette on the canvas using a paint pen or paint.
7. Paint the remaining white portion of the canvas (not the inside of the outline).
8. Remove the template from the canvas before the paint dries.
9. If needed, go over the inside of the outline with a paint pen or paint again to fix any bleeding. Make sure all the paint is going in the same direction.
10. Let dry, and display!
Let us know if you try this art project! We’d love to see how they turned out! (You can tag us on social media @splendry!)