Every time I make a meal using my slow cooker I wonder why I don’t use it more often! This super easy, delicious cheesy chicken spaghetti is proof that I need to be using it more! While the ingredients listed below are what I used, feel free to change things up as you’d like! Not a fan of diced tomatoes? Skip them! Want to swap the cream of mushroom soup for cream of celery? Go for it! Do whatever you want to make it your own, just make it! (You’ll thank me later!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (use as much or little as you’d like)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth (optional)
1. After you’ve prepped your vegetables, dump almost everything in to the slow cooker/Crock Pot! (Chicken breasts, peppers and onions, diced tomatoes (I used about half of the can), spices, soup and one cup of cheese. Stir everything together!
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through.
3. Cook your spaghetti just as your chicken is finishing up. (About 10-15 minutes before you’re going to take the chicken breasts out.)
4. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the breasts and shred them.
5. Place your shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and add the cooked (and drained) spaghetti and the remaining cheese. Add a few splashes of chicken broth if you’d like!
6. Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
7. Serve and immediately make plans to make this meal again!
Everyone loved this! So easy, and so, SO good!
If you need some more slow cooker recipes, try these other slow cooker chicken recipes!
Originally published May 21, 2016