Books were such big part of my childhood, I couldn’t wait to start building my son’s book collection when he was born. The 10 children stories below aren’t just adorable, sweet or silly, they’ve all received rave reviews from a real toddler- my 18-month-old son!
He’s not shy about sharing his feelings on, well, anything, so rest assured he’s not going to mislead you! These are the books that have made our regular rotation- and stayed there for some time!
This post contains affiliate links meaning purchases made through included links may result in Splendry earning a small commission at no cost to you.
Children Stories Toddler Will Love
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Slide and Find – The classic “Brown Bear, Brown Bear” but with an interactive twist. Kids can slide open a box on each page to reveal the next animal.
- I’ll Never Let You Go – The sweetest story of love for a blankie, and trying new things as we grow up. (This one might make you tear up a bit, just FYI!)
- What Makes a Rainbow – A ribbon rainbow grows as you read this colorful book! My son loves to see the rainbow pop up at the end too!
- Lift-the-Flap Tab: Trucks – With pictures to open on each page, kids will love to see the surprises with every turn. Plus, I actually learned some things about trucks! :)
- Good Morning, Good Night – Fluffy kittens, soft puppies and woolly lambs all make for a great bedtime story kids can hear and feel!.
- I Love You Through and Through – This might be my son’s favorite book. And that might be because it’s one of my favorites to read!
- Ten Tiny Toes – Since he loved the previous book so much, I found another by the same author! This is another fun one that keep’s my son’s attention.
- My First Read and Learn Bible – I received this precious Bible storybook at my baby shower and my son truly loves it! The pictures keep his attention and he loves to flip through this one on his own.
- Good Night, Little Love – Another of our favorite nighttime reads, these sweet bunnies get your little one ready for bed.The illustrations are beautiful too.
- Hi-Five Animals – Want to hi-five a lion? And an elephant? My son loves hi-fiving all his favorite animal friends in this silly book.
Perfect for bedtime or quiet time, and perfect as a gift for a young child! You might even consider grabbing a few for baby shower gifts. Soon-to-be moms will love starting their child’s book collection!
Have any books you’d add to this list?
Originally published July 10, 2019