If you have not already checked out the first four posts in my wedding checklist series, scroll through those first HERE then head on back for the next up in the planning timeline. (Just got engaged? I’ve got information for you too!)
*Remember, items on this checklist might not directly apply to your specific wedding plan. Each wedding is unique and that is something I love about them. This is to help you get an idea of what aspects can make up a wedding and how to stay on task. It is also a time estimation which will depend on how many months between your engagement & the wedding day.
1-2 Months Before Wedding Day:
- Mail invitations (closer to the 2 month mark)
- Begin tracking response cards (if necessary)
- Schedule bridal portraits
- Make sure bridesmaids have a fitting, and alterations, if needed
- Purchase bridal shoes; practice walking in them to break them in
- Begin beauty routine, if not already begun
- Make sure all rental items for ceremony & reception are reserved
- Schedule groomsmen for final tux fitting for when attire arrives
- Print programs
- Do trial run of bridal hair with veil
- Practice your makeup for the wedding day
- Purchase guest book (or guest sign in of choice)
- Finalize your gift registry, or add to, if needed
- Write thank you notes as gifts arrive (A good rule is to write the thank-you before unpacking and using the gift.)
- Make or buy favors
- Make sure you have luggage needed for honeymoon travel
- Contact local newspapers about publishing a wedding announcement
- Be drinking plenty of water
- Get plenty of rest!
As always, happy planning!
Originally published April 21, 2016