Crib skirts are easy and can add so much to a room! Custom crib skirts can be pretty pricy but you can make one for a lot less! Here’s what you need to get started, consider this your lazy girl’s guide to sewing a crib skirt.
- One yard of a plain fabric (I had some extra white laying around that I pieced together to make the right size)
- 2 ½ yards any colored fabric for the skirt part
How to Make a Crib Skirt
Keep in mind the top of the crib skirt won’t be seen. I cut the top of the skirt 53 inches by 28 inches. This gives me an inch clearance for the seam.
Cut the color fabric in three panels each 15 inches tall.
One panel 53 inches long and two panels 28 inches long.
Now attach the right sides together of the white fabric and blue fabric starting with the two end panels. The “right side” is the side of the fabric that will be facing out or the pattern side. You want to sew with that side facing down.
Sew your seam at half an inch at each end.
Then attach the one long panel to the top white part again with right sides together.
Next hem your edges to give a “finished” look. I am lazy so I do this the easy way. I fold the fabric up half an inch and pin into place. Next I iron it down and then sewed the hem.
That’s about it! Pretty simple and it will look great on your baby’s crib! Let me know if you have any questions!
Originally published June 26, 2017
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Old Desk Flip: How to make a piece of junk a jewel again - May 16, 2019
- How to Make a Wooden Countertop for Your Bathroom - May 11, 2019
- How to Make a Wooden King Size Bed Frame and Nail Trimmed Headboard - May 2, 2019