I’m not sure what it is about me and muffin tin recipes but I’m kind of on a roll! These Spaghetti Muffins are the latest muffin tin recipe (see here and here) and they might just be my favorite! They were actually so good that after making them for this tutorial, I made them again for dinner! These are definitely going into my “need a quick and delicious meal” rotation! In fact, I think these would also be really fun to serve at a party, though they might need to be baked in cupcake liners so they’re easy to hold and eat!
- 6 oz. spaghetti
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 C. pasta sauce
- 1/2 C. chopped pepperoni slices (or topping of choice – cooked sausage, meatballs, etc.)
- 1/2 C. shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook your spaghetti for about 7 minutes until almost tender. Drain and toss with olive oil and refrigerate until it’s cooled, about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Toss cooled spaghetti with Parmesan cheese.
4. Divide spaghetti between the muffin cups arranging noodles in each cup. You’ll end up with leftover Parmesan cheese in your bowl. Save it, you’ll need it!
5. Top each cup with a spoonful of pasta sauce (I used Prego Traditional, it’s my favorite!).
6. Add a few pieces of chopped pepperoni on top of the sauce and then top with more sauce (just a bit to cover the pepperoni).
7. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of each cup and bake for about 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on each cup. Return to oven for about five minutes or until cheese is melted.
9. Let spaghetti muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from tin with a narrow spatula or fork.
10. Eat and enjoy! You can use a fork or just pick up and eat! Just a warning, the more sauce you used the drippier the spaghetti muffins will be so you might keep a napkin near by!
These were a big hit at my house and I think I’ll make them again tonight!
Want to see the recipe in action?
Originally published April 25, 2016