For years now we’ve had a tradition of hosting friends for dinner on the 4th of July. My husband always cooks (yay!) and we have a fun time visiting before we head out to the local fireworks show! My easy, go-to dessert is always brownies, but this year I am looking to change things up a bit! I still wanted something just as easy as brownies made from a box, and I think this Patriotic Fruit Pizza is perfect!! We’ve got a quick video if that’s your style, or, the recipe is also written down below!
I say patriotic because it’s red, white, and blue, but you could easily make this anytime and add whatever fruit you’d like! Mandarin oranges and kiwi are great additions!
- 1 tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 2 blocks of cream cheese (8 oz. each) – softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping (8 oz.) – thawed
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
1. Press your cookie dough into a baking sheet. I lined mine first with parchment paper.
2. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Mix your softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Fold in your whipped topping until blended.
5. Spread over cooled sugar cookie dough.
6. Decorate with fruit. (I halved my strawberries, but you can slice, or whatever you’d like!)
7. Refrigerate until chilled, serve and enjoy!
This is a great dessert to make with kids too, let them help decorate!
Originally published June 8, 2018