If you’re in the mood for an omelette you can eat on the go, this recipe is for you! These Omelette Muffins are easy, fast, and delicious! (And if you’re a visual learner, there’s a recipe video below!)
What you need:
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 C. Diced Onions
- 1/2 C. Diced Red Peppers
- 1/2 C. shredded or chopped ham (I chopped up some deli ham slices)
- 2/3 C. shredded cheese (more or less to taste)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- salt & pepper
- Optional – cooked sausage, bacon, etc.!
1. Start by adding your onion, red pepper and ham to a skillet with some oil over medium heat. Stir occasionally and remove from heat once the onions are beginning to brown and the ham is warmed through. (If you were adding some pre-cooked sausage or bacon, this is where you could substitute the ham.)
2. Take a well-greased muffin tin and add a spoonful of the ham mixture into each cup. Set it aside to cool a bit.
3. In a large bowl beat the 8 eggs with milk, 1/2 tsp. cooking oil, baking powder and some salt and pepper.
4. Add some grated cheese on top of the ham/vegetable mixture.
5. Pour your egg mixture into each cup, dividing evenly until you’ve used it all.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown. Allow them to sit for about five minutes before removing.
This is such an easy recipe to make your own! Try adding different vegetables, different kinds of cheese, and different kinds of meat! I think we’ll try this next time with some sausage!
Originally published March 7, 2016
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Omelette Muffins - May 19, 2018
- Minimalist and Capsule Wardrobes: The Pros and Cons - May 15, 2018
- Black Bean Salsa Recipe - May 13, 2018