A White Chocolate Mocha recipe that will have you skipping the drive-thru line and making your own delicious (and much cheaper) drink!
Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Starbucks coffee. However, I don’t love the price tag! And, since this month I am doing a “contentment challenge,” purchasing coffee is on my list of things I can’t do (unless it is a gift card, of course!) So, I had to find a way to step up my coffee game while at work and home.
My typical order at any coffee shop during the cold season is simple– white chocolate mocha. Yum. I looked for at-home DIY recipes on the Internet, but everything I found involved a double broiler, crock-pot or some other kitchen gadgets that I didn’t own nor knew how to use. Also, I wanted one cup, not 15. So, I eighty-sixed those recipes and decided to try something on my own.
And, I think I came up with a winner. Even my husband likes it. I made him two cups just this morning.
All you need:
- white chocolate baking morsels
- milk or creamer
It is really that simple.
It even makes not-so-yummy break room coffee 100% better! What I love about this recipe is that you can normally find most of the ingredients already in the break room, which means I have a little jar of white chocolate morsels in my snack drawer at work.
1. Find your favorite mug and add in a few morsels of white chocolate. I don’t count mine specifically, just enough to cover the bottom of the mug and then add a few more for good luck!
2. Add one spoonful of sugar (or more to taste).
3. Add your favorite coffee on top of that so it melts the white chocolate completely. I usually let my coffee sit for a minute or so just to ensure the white chocolate is nice and soft before stirring.
4. Add your milk or creamer (my favorite is hazel nut creamer) and stir some more.
Let it cool a bit and then drink up! I promise you it will not disappoint.
I am planning to pick up some other flavorings of baking morsels soon to see if I like any of those better than the white chocolate, but I am pretty sure I already know the answer to that one.
Let us know when you try this White Chocolate Mocha recipe! Or is a cup of tea more to your liking? We’ll show you how to make the perfect cup!
Originally published February 20, 2017