These cookies have been a family favorite since I was a kid. They’re not your average cookie, they’re soft, chewy, and not overly sweet. (Which means you can eat a lot at once!) Plus, the bits of pineapple add a nice sweet surprise!
Honey Pineapple Cookies Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 C (8 1/2-oz can) Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Diced Dates (optional)
- 2 Cups Sifted All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Cream shortening.
2. Add honey to the shortening.
3. Add egg, drained pineapple, and pineapple juice. (Add dates too if you’re using, I am not.)
4. Sift together dry ingredients.
5. Add dry ingredients to honey/pineapple mixture, blending only until dry ingredients are moist. Chill for 1 hour.
6. Drop by spoonfuls on lightly greased baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Because these are made with honey, they can brown a little more quickly, so keep an eye on them! For more tips on cooking with honey, go here.
This makes about 3 dozen cookies (more or less depending on your spoonful size!) Enjoy!
Originally published June 1, 2015
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Spring Cleaning for Beginners - March 22, 2018
- Closet Space-Saving Trick: Higher Hangers - March 15, 2018
- Newborn Essentials – Best Baby Products for the First Three Months - March 12, 2018