Easy Tres Leche Cake is the dessert you didn’t know you needed! Grab this simple recipe and serve it up soon!
Who doesn’t loooove Mexican food? It’s delicious year round and is great for entertaining. The hubs and I love to make our famous fajitas when we have company over. My only struggle with serving Mexican is what to serve for dessert! It has to be light to compliment the heavy entree and also simple because that is how I roll.
My solution is this delicious and delightful Easy Tres Leche Cake.
Easy Tres Leche Cake
It. Is. Awesome. Light, fluffy, not overly sweet, and super moist. It’s the perfect pairing with a yummy Mexican dinner like enchiladas, taco soup, or a wet burrito. It has become one of my go-to desserts and I absolutely must share! Let’s break it down, babies!
- 1 yellow or golden mix, prepared per box instructions
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 C. evaporated milk
- 1 C. of milk
- Whipping cream (plus sugar and vanilla to taste)
- Fresh berries of choice
1. Mix your three milks or tres leches (see what I did there? Hahahahah…ahem…) together in a pourable container.
2. Poke a bunch of holes in your cake. I use a kebab skewer or chopstick
3. Pour the milks over the cake
4. Pop the cake in the fridge for at least half an hour as it tastes better that way.
5. Whip the cream until it is firm but don’t go crazy as you don’t want to end up spreading butter on the cake.
6. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and pop back in the fridge until it is ready to be served.
Finally, top with the fruit of your choice and serve. Make time for all the praise and thanks you will get for making this delicious and simple palatial masterpiece.
There you have it: Easy Tres Leche Cake. You should probably make a practice cake to make sure it is as simple as I say it is. You should also probably eat the entire thing for research’s sake, obviously.
Originally published February 13, 2017