Need a new quick and easy recipe to add to your collection? This easy pasta salad is made in a flash and can be served as a great appetizer for game day or any party or gathering!
Pasta salad makes for a quick and easy meal, and it is the perfect thing to whip up any day. While there are many variations of this dish out there, the recipe below is super easy; using very few ingredients and hardly any time or effort at all, it results in a dish that the whole family will enjoy… and the leftovers seem to taste even better!
Pasta Salad Ingredients
To begin, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of pasta (Used here: Skinner’s Gluten-Free Rotini)
- 3-4 pickles, sliced (Used here: Best Maid’s Dill Pickles… but sweet ones can be good, too!)
- 2 cans of tuna, drained (Used here: Hill Country Fare’s Chunk Light Tuna In Water)
- 1 block of cheese, cubed (Used here: H-E-B’s Extra Sharp Cheddar)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (Used here: Blue Plate)
- Crackers (Used here: Keebler Club Crackers)
After gathering up these items, follow these steps:
1. Cook the pasta, as directed on the box.
2. After draining the pasta and allowing it to cool, mix it into a large bowl with the pickles, tuna, cheese and mayonnaise. (And feel free to add more of any of these ingredients, since some people like more of a zest with extra pickles, as much cheese as possible or a drier version, with less mayo.)
3. Serve the pasta salad with crackers, so that everyone can scoop up this yummy dish.
Since the crackers replace any silverware that may be needed for this meal, that means there are fewer dishes to wash, making the clean-up process a breeze! Plus, as stated, this pasta salad can be covered up, refrigerated and eaten the next day, too, as it is just as delicious at room temperature as it is after being in the fridge.
And there you have: a super simple recipe that even those who are too busy or too uninterested to cook can handle. Besides being easy and tasty, this dish is also very versatile, as it can be made gluten-free, could incorporate other types of cheese, could have egg or grapes added in… The list goes on, so have some fun with this new recipe!