What’s better than homemade biscuits? However you top them, we dare you to find a more “comfort” food than that! This delicious biscuit recipe uses only four ingredients and we know you’ll love it!
“Mend your own fences and own your own crazy
Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy”
This delightful song by Kacey Musgraves isn’t actually about biscuits and gravy (spoilers, I know). However, as my husband will readily admit, I am incredibly susceptible to food messages. When I hear this song, I start thinking about biscuits and gravy and then I must have the biscuits and gravy. It’s a bit ridiculous but I am who I am!
A few years ago I shared my with you. In it, I said that I was still searching for the perfect biscuit recipe. Rejoice with me, my friends! It has finally happened. I have found it and It. Is. Awesome.
4 Ingredient 7 Up Biscuit Recipe
Special thanks to my good friend Penny for telling me all about 7-Up biscuits.
Here are the players:
- 4 cups of Bisquick
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of 7-Up
- 1 stick of butter
That is all. Four delicious ingredients that make a decadent and high rising biscuit perfect for gravy, or honey, or ham, or eggs, or, or, or…Trust me. These are awesome.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425.
2. Take the stick of butter and toss it in a 9x13 casserole dish. When there are a few minutes left of the pre-heat, pop the dish in the oven so that the butter will melt.
3. While waiting for the oven to pre-heat, combine the Bisquick, sour cream, and 7-Up. Mix until just blended. It is OK if it’s a bit lumpy.
Get a large spoon or ice cream scoop and drop these babies onto the butter. Don’t worry if they touch, it’s actually preferred.
Pop these delicious buttery bad boys into your oven and wait anxiously for 12-15 minutes or until the tops are a nice golden brown.
These will tear apart very easily even though they look super squished together
So, as I’m sure Kacey meant to say, “Mend your own fences and mind your own crazy. MAKE your own biscuits and life will be gravy.”
We had these for lunch today with ham and apples. It was delicious and satisfying. Two hours later (or one…I’ll never tell!) I enjoyed one with some honey and a nice cup of tea.
Cheers my dears!
Latest posts by Anna Jane (see all)
- Best Homemade Biscuits (with just 4 Ingredients!) - March 16, 2020
- Biscuits and Gravy: The Perfect Sausage Gravy Recipe - November 22, 2019
- Kitchen 101: Pantry Staples - August 5, 2019