I love shortbread cookies but they don’t seem to be easy to find unless you visit a bakery or find a tin of Christmas cookies this time of year! When I found a super easy recipe for them, I knew I had to give it a try! I’m glad I did, not only were they so simple (just 4 ingredients!), they’re also wonderfully buttery and delicious!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter (I used salted)
- 1/4 C. corn starch
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
4 Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whip butter with a mixer until fluffy.
3. Stir in flour, cornstarch, and powdered sugar. Beat on low for one minute and then on high for 3-4 minutes. After the first minute the dough will be very crumbly and dry, don’t worry! Once you kick the mixer up to high your dough will begin to transform after 2-3 minutes! It’s kind of cool!
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (I covered mine with parchment paper).
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges just begin to lightly brown. You definitely don’t want to overcook (and with no eggs included, you can’t really under cook)!
6. Move immediately to wire racks to cool.
You can also play around with different variations – the last time I made them I drizzled some melted chocolate on top!
Originally published December 12, 2016