This Among Us Valentine Box might be just what your child wants to create for their own box this year! See the step-by-step instructions below!
Do you have a young fan of the popular, multi-player video game “Among Us” like I do?
The game that made a surge toward the end of 2020 inspired my youngest son’s school Valentine’s box. His crafting tools of choice usually involve cardboard boxes and hot glue, and this self-designed Imposter is no different.
“Among Us” Valentine Box Supplies
- Cardboard box (medium – we used a shipping box we received from a delivery)
- Cardboard box (small)
- Styrofoam cylinder
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Spray Paint and/or acrylic paint
- Pipe cleaner
- **2 empty toilet paper rolls** (optional)
How to Make an “Among Us” Valentine Box
- First, cut your large Styrofoam cylinder in half.
- Using the medium sized cardboard box, cut a square that can wrap around ¾ of the diameter of the cylinder half.
- To create the back and top of the Imposter, use your hot glue gun to attach one edge of the box around the flat edge of the half cylinder.
- Make two legs by cutting two smaller squares, rolling them to touch, and glue. **An easier option would be using two toilet paper rolls.**
- Cut three slits in the middle, bottom back of the body and fold tabs inward. This allows for the legs to be attached.
- Glue the tabs together, then glue the legs to the bottom of the base created by the tabs.
- Using the medium box again, cut a “band” to finish wrapping around the half cylinder. Glue.
- Cut another square to attach from the bottom of the body, completing the body of the Imposter. Leave an opening for the mouth. This will receive the Valentine cards.
- Fold a piece of cardboard in to make a small box to be used as a backpack. **Could also use a small ready-made box**
- Spray paint the Imposter and the small cardboard box for the backpack.
- While drying, complete the teeth and “helmet”.
- Cut two slender rectangles. Cut jagged edges on one side of each rectangle for teeth. Paint.
- Paint remaining cylinder half for the “helmet”. My son used a lighter blue with a white spot as a reflection.
- Once the body is dry, glue the helmet onto the top, front band (forehead).
- Glue each set of teeth to the underside of the top and bottom of the mouth.
- Next, attach your small box to back of Imposter using hot glue gun.
- Glue a pipe cleaner to the bottom, inside of the mouth to make a tongue.
- Take to school and receive lots of Valentines into the mouth of your Imposter!
Looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas for kids? How about this cool advent countdown calendar!