It is time to ditch the tradition of pouring undiluted lemon juice straight onto your hair before sitting by the ocean or pool. This will easily lead to hair becoming dry or damaged.
The below recipe is for an all-natural spray that will increase the chance of hair lightening in the sun. It also smells delicious and gives hair a shiny, beachy wave that can be so hard to come by!
How to Lighten Hair
The spray can be used anytime before being outside. It is mixed with essential oils so it can do double duty by strengthening hair growth and enhancing its brightness. The argan oil acts as a natural glow and prevents sun damage.
One of the great aspects of this recipe is that YOU can choose which essential oils you incorporate. However, there are a few that are better for making hair products:
- Lavender oil deep conditions the hair, keeps it shiny and helps control dandruff.
- Rosemary oil strengthens hair and prevents hair loss.
- Cedarwood oil is best for thickening hair as well as supporting circulation near hair follicles.
Mix the following into a travel-size spray bottle:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Half a cup of water
- 6-10 drops of the essential of your choice
- 6-10 drops of argan oil (use more if you tend to have dry hair)
Summer Hair Care Guide - Essential Tips for Healthy Locks - Leisure of Living
Monday 12th of August 2019
[…] if you want to achieve a brighter and blonder style– go the organic route. Click here to make your own hair spray which is guaranteed to lighten up your […]
Tuesday 9th of April 2019
I will def try this! I have been highlighting my hair and it has a tendency to break off so I like this idea of lightening in a healthier way.