After a hard day’s work, going home and enjoying some quality time with your family is most likely all you can think of. A home gives that special feeling of belonging that you can’t enjoy anywhere else. However, sometimes you might feel that your special place could use a makeover. But you might hold back thinking that you’d probably need a small fortune for that.
- If you want to redecorate your home but your budget is not that generous, a few simple guidelines will help to craft a fresh look. First of all, you should know that there is no need to tear down walls, change the furniture, or turn the place upside down.
- Secondly, you can make a difference just by adding a few new items or unleashing your creativity and creating some home decorations yourself. Home décor doesn’t have to make a hole in a family’s savings.
- Getting wild with little DIY projects can make wonders. Painting, re-arranging, and a few items are the keys to a new design on a budget.
- Start by putting out of sight any worn-out, useless, or damaged items. This includes empty boxes, broken toys, or anything else that doesn’t look nice enough anymore for you. Have a look around. If you don’t like something, redesign it. For example, you can make chair covers, paint old vases, or get a new shade for your good old lamp. If you can’t think of anything to do with an item – donate it or just throw it away.
- Whether they have flowers or not, indoor plants breathe life into any house. They make the place more lively and inviting, while cleaning the air as well. Get more lush green plants and add more color to the rooms. Still, you can forget about the regular terracotta pots. Look for colorful posts with patterns that match the feeling of your home. If you prefer the vintage style, make sure the pots integrate nicely. Or you can spice things up with brightly colored ones to add a twist to your plain-colored rooms.
- Moving your furniture around can make your house look totally different. You can also skip shopping for new items by spray painting or adding a fresh coat of lacquer on your old ones. They’ll look brand new. When you can afford to upholster your sofa, go for a pattern or color that will stand out. If upholstering is too pricey, just get some new pillows in vivid colors that will cover it and change the whole look.
- Frame your favorite family photos to fill blank walls. A few frames won’t only warm your heart, but they’ll look great on your wall as well.
- Painting the whole house might be too much of a hassle and it involves lots of costs. You can skip that for now and go for a fun alternative. Supersize some vacation pictures and let them add character to the rooms.
- Last but not least, no matter how you choose to decorate the rooms, make sure that they feel comfortable. Your nicely decorated home should be your pride and joy again.
Latest posts by Ada (see all)
- 7 Useful Tricks to Create Stunning Floral Arrangements - August 31, 2017
- Redecorating Your Home on a Budget - August 17, 2017
- 5 Quick Tricks for a Flawless Pedicure - July 18, 2017