Can I be honest for a second? I think lasagna has gotten too fancy. Gasp! I know I said it. But I think it’s true! People add all types of things to lasagna and claim it is the greatest. While I can’t speak for everyone, I think the greatest type of lasagna is the good old fashion ground meat lasagna with simple cheeses. Not the fancy cheese you have to buy from the specialty section. I am talking about the cheese right off the rack. It’s the best for some simple lasagna. So if you agree with me (or even if you don’t you’ll still love this) then this recipe is for you! Your Mama’s Lasagna has been perfected by my mama over the years so you know it has to be delicious. Plus it’s simple and can be assembled in about 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs ground hamburger meat
- 36 ounces of Ragu sauce
- 12 wide lasagna noodles (I used the oven ready kind)
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 2 -8 oz packages of mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat the over to 350F and grease a 9 x 13 cooking pan.
2. Brown and drain the meat. Then add the Ragu sauce and mix together.
3. Now we are ready to layer the lasagna. Here’s the order, from the bottom up:
- (Bottom): Meat/Ragu mixtures
- Cottage Cheese
- Meat/Ragu Mixture
- Cottage Cheese
- (Top): Parmesan/Mozzarella
4. Start at the bottom and add half the meat/Ragu mixture.
5. Add the noodles
6. Add half the container of cottage cheese.
7. Add one package of mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan.
8. Repeat steps 4-7.
9. Once you have added the last layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Uncover the lasagna for the last 10 minutes so the cheese will melt.
There you go! Pretty simple lasagna that is sure to delight everyone. I hope you enjoy this as much as our family does!
Originally published January 16, 2017
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Your Mama’s Lasagna - February 3, 2018
- Championship Game Food Party Ideas - January 28, 2018
- Podcast Recommendation: How I Built This with Guy Raz - January 24, 2018