I had you at Oreo right? Or cheesecake? Or cupcakes? Whatever your sweet tooth calls for, this recipe probably hits the nail on the head! Rich, delicious and not overly sweet, these Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are simply DIVINE. Plus, they’re pretty easy! Check out the quick video tutorial or grab the full step-by-step recipe below!
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Oreos – 15 whole, 6 coarsely chopped, and a few extras for “sprinkles” (I actually had enough batter to make about 18 cupcakes so keep a few Oreos on hand (don’t eat them just yet!) in case you’ve got a little extra
- 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese (1 lb.) – room temperature
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- cupcake liners
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. Add cupcake liners and an Oreo cookie to each tin.
2. Cream the cream cheese until smooth. Add in 1/2 C. of sugar.
3. Beat in vanilla, and then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined (but don’t over mix!). Beat in the sour cream and salt.
4. Stir in chopped Oreo cookies:
5. Add batter to muffin tin filling almost to the top.
6. Sprinkle on a few more Oreo pieces on top (there’s no such thing as too much Oreo, right?)
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. I pulled mine out of the oven just as they were starting to crack a tiny bit on top.
8. Let them cool on the counter or on wire cooling racks for a bit and then transfer (in tins) to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is good too, if you can wait that long!
Such a breeze to make and so worth your time! These Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes will be made again!
Grab another recipe from our archives here!
Originally published April 11, 2016