Thank you to Eagle Brand for sending me some free cans of Eagle Brand Milk! All opinions are my own.
When I was growing up my grandma always made the most delicious desserts and I specifically remember a wonderful recipe she made often that used Eagle Brand milk. It was a family favorite but I realized recently that I’ve never really tried any other recipes that use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. I knew I was missing out! I decided to try an Eagle Brand recipe for Lemon Ice Box Pie and it’s definitely a summertime treat I would make again!
- 1/4 C. butter (I used salted)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 C. finely crushed vanilla wafer crumbs (I pulsed them up in my blender)
- 6 T. lemonade powder (pre-sweetened)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 C. water (divided)
Lemon Ice Box Pie using Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low/med. low heat. Stir in your vanilla wafer crumbs.
2. Once the crumbs are well mixed with the butter, press them into a 9″ pie plate covering the bottom and sides. Chill pie crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Dissolve a packet of unflavored gelatin in 1/4 C. of water over low/med.low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
4. Combine sweetened condensed milk, remaining water and lemonade mix powder in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the gelatin mixture.
5. Pour pie filling into chilled pie crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours or longer until firm. (I refrigerated mine around 3 hours and then popped it in the freezer for another 45 minutes or so.) Serve!
A yummy summer treat and another fantastic way to use Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk!
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Tips on (Successfully) Running Your Home-Based Business - February 15, 2018
- Making Money on Poshmark - February 13, 2018
- Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes - February 12, 2018