If you’re one of those people who doesn’t think they’re crafty at all, this project is for you! This is possible the easiest DIY ever! (And maybe takes ten minutes tops!) Plus, you only need three things for these gorgeous DIY Sparkle Candles, and that includes the candle!
Here’s what you need:
- a candle – any size, any color
- Mod Podge (ever crafter’s best friend!)
- Epsom Salt
OK, you also need a paper plate and paint brush, but that’s it!
1. Pour some Epsom Salt onto a paper plate (or you could use a baking sheet or dish, whatever.)
2. Dip a paintbrush in your Mod Podge and paint it onto the candle using a pretty thick coat.
3. Roll the candle slowly through the salt until it’s covered.
4. Let it dry (don’t worry if you’re using a colored candle, the Mod Podge will dry clear!) and enjoy! See how quick that was? This is pretty kid-friendly too!
These are so, so easy! And the results are gorgeous! I did a few other white candles I had, including one of those battery-operated ones, so fun!
I love that this is a DIY project that you could tackle no matter your personal style. Not a traditional red and green Christmas person? Find a silver (or hot pink! or purple! or turquoise!) candle and go for it! Any shape, any size, sparkle candles for everyone!
Originally published December 9, 2015
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Easiest (and Most Addicting) Dessert Ever: Almond Bark Puffcorn - December 9, 2017
- 10 Minute Crafts: DIY Sparkle Candles - December 2, 2017
- Winter Beauty Essentials - November 27, 2017