This year, give a gift that keeps on giving! A gift certificate for a month or two (or six!) of a subscription box will keep everyone on your list happy! From beauty and style to subscription boxes for the men and kids on your lists, there’s something for everyone!
- Birchbox – One of the original beauty subscription boxes, for $30 you can gift a friend with a Birchbox three-month subscription. You can choose between a “customer favorites” box or “modern essentials” box. Want to extend it? You can gift a six-month subscription for $60 or a 12-month subscription for $110.
- Ipsy – while you technically can’t order a gift subscription, you can set up a subscription in someone else’s name using these steps. (It’s easy!) Once your friend has received notification of their gift they can update their account as they like! ($10/monthly or $110 for the year)
- Julep – you can gift someone with Maven boxes starting at $40 for two boxes up to $120 for six boxes. Mavens get the chance to customize their boxes so they always get just what they want!
- Stitch Fix – purchase a gift card between $20 and $1,000 and your gift recipient can redeem it for their own Stitch Fix! They’ll get a package of items to try on at home and have some credit to put towards any items they want to keep! Think your favorite guy might also enjoy this at-home shopping service? They’ve got a Fix for men too!
- Le Tote – Gift a friend boxes of clothes she can wear as long as she wants before she sends them back for more! Starts at $88 for two months of service but you can purchase gift cards in any amount. You can choose between the classic box or a maternity box.
- Golden Tote – Your chosen friend or family member will receive a gift card from between $20 and $1,000 to put towards their Golden Totes – they get to choose one or two clothing items (depending on the tote) and the rest of the items are a surprise (and theirs to keep!)
- Bespoke Post – Each month a new “Box of Awesome” is released featuring limited edition items centered around a theme. Past themes include Frontier, Refresh, The Butcher, etc. You can purchase a one month gift card for $55 or a three month gift card for $135. Once your giftee receives his card he can go online and opt to skip a box, choose a new box, or add on products to his box.
- Birchbox Man – You can choose a three-month subscription ($60) or a six-month subscription ($110) for your favorite guy. You even get to choose what he receives the first month (since he won’t have his profile set up). You can choose from customer favorites or modern classics.
- Dollar Shave Club – For $55 your guy can receive up to three months of boxes (it depends on if he adds any extras). His first box includes: 1) a razor handle, 2) cartridges, 3) shave butter, and 4) post-shave moisturizer. (Just FYI, my husband loves Dollar Shave Club!)
Chefs in Training
- RawSpiceBar – Have a world cuisine chef-in-training on your list? This is the perfect gift for them! Raw Spice Bar sends three freshly ground spice blends plus “kitchen-tested” recipes in each monthly package. Just add fresh ingredients and you’ll have globally inspired dishes! $36 for a six month subscription.
- Hampton’s Lane – A baking or cooking themed box would be a fun treat for anyone who loves to spend time in the kitchen. For $55 a box is sent straight to their door! ($95 for two boxes or $145 for three.)
- My Baker’s Box – Baking supplies, ingredients and recipes all in one monthly box! Subscriptions start at $25 for a month up to a year for $228.
- Book of the Month – You can order a three-month subscription for your favorite bookworm for $45. Each month they’ll receive a hardback book (they can pick from five options chosen by special “curators”) along with a note on why that particular book was chosen.
- Uppercase Box – Have a YA (young adult) reader on your list? This the gift for them! Each month they’ll receive a new YA book, related accessory, and more. ($23/month, plus shipping)
- Little Passports – Little Passports takes kids all over the world teaching them about different cultures in a fun and educational way. You can choose from three age groups starting at $41.85 for a three month subscription. Boxes include souvenirs, activity pages, maps, stickers, and more! (Ages 3-12)
- Koala Crate – every month kids receive materials and inspiration to “build, make and develop their creative confidence”. You can choose a one month subscription for $25, a three-month for $60, six-month for $110 or a 12-month for $205.
Originally published December 11, 2015
Latest posts by Jamie (see all)
- Tips on (Successfully) Running Your Home-Based Business - February 15, 2018
- Making Money on Poshmark - February 13, 2018
- Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes - February 12, 2018